To contact Joe please call:
Joe is one of the founding members of the Oban War & Peace Museum. As well as working hard as a Town Ambassador, Joe spends his days off working as a Watch Keeper at the Museum. Joe enjoys talking to and meeting new people. He loves being out and about in town especially when the sun is shining! Joe's specialist subject is history. He loves nothing more than sharing his passion and local knowledge with the visitors and local people of Oban. For many years Joe worked as a guard for Oban Railway Station, cementing his confidence when engaging with visitors in terms of conversing and customer service.
We asked Joe three questions:
1. Joe, if you could use 3 words to describe yourself what would they be and why?
- Happy - I am always smiling and full of energy. I have a very positive outlook on life in general, I guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy!
- Talkative - I love to talk! I find conversing with people I have never met incredibly interesting. I love to listen to their stories and I love telling them stories about the history of the town.
- Kind - I definitely think I am a kind person. I go out of my way to help anyone whether I know the person or not.
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- A dog! Not just because I love them, but because they are loyal, friendly and trustworthy animals. They enjoy running around without a care in the world and have such bubbly personalities! I think I can find all of these qualities in myself.
3. If you could invite 3 people to a dinner party you were hosting (living or dead), who would they be and why?
- Janice Joplin! Her music is fantastic and she seems a bit crazy! I think she would be a lot of fun to have around!
- Princess Diana. I met her once and she was such a beatiful lady; so friendly and kind.
- Andrew Robertshaw. He is the curator of the Army Museum. It would be interesting to discuss and share my passion of history with him.