To contact Kay please call:
07511 677 976
Kay has lived in Oban all of her life, her family roots are firmly set here, going back several generations. Her excellent knowledge of the town and the surrounding areas was broadened further as she spent five years working in the local Tourist Information Office. Kay has a passion for Oban and thrives to make others see its true beauty and full potential. Kay is involved with groups that aim to improve the town and the lives of the local residents. Kay also volunteers as the secretary of a charitable organisation providing support for those in need. As well as being a Town Ambassador and secretary to the Breathe Easy organisation, Kay is also the Chair person of the Lynnside Community Garden Projects and has spent five years raising funds in order to build a community garden! She is also fully trained in Indian Head Massage!!
We asked Kay Three Questions:
1. Kay, if you could use 3 words to describe yourself what would they be and why?
- Cheery - I just love life! I have a positive outlook on life in general and I always wear a smile!
- Chatty - I love to engage in conversation with many types of people. Some of the most interesting being those that I have just met. You can learn so much from a person if you listen and ask the right questions!
- Caring - I do a lot of caring in my spare time. I think I'm just a loving person by nature. I am definitely the Mother of the group!
2. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
- A Bear - I believe bears to be nurturing animals, I love how they interact with their cubs. They can also be fierce when pushed too far! I think I can definitely relate to a bear! I'm loving and kind and but don't think of me as a push over! I stand my ground and fight! ... I bet they would give a really good hug too!
3. If you could invite three people to a dinner party you were hosting (living or dead), who would they be and why?
- Elvis - Elvis is my hero. His music inspires me. The first record I ever bought was an Elvis single!
- Graham Norton - Ah he is so funny! He is witty without being cruel and of course he has that adorable Irish accent!
- Judy Dench - I admire Judy Dench and all of her work. I would love to meet her. Plus I think having her and Graham Norton around the table would make for a good laugh!